WHAT I DO
“Òkè lọwọ́ afúni ń gbé.”
I teach Yorùbá history and language on my channel for the preservation, promotion and appreciation of the Yorùbá culture, in all its richness. People of Yoruba descent are all over the world, and a good number of them are totally disconnected from their ancestry. The past was quite rough, to put it lightly; the consequences of cultural genocides and the exchange of humans for money and goods that began centuries ago still haunt our societies till this day. So, I consider my teaching a means of bringing a form of healing to people and inviting them to know more about themselves and their ancestors.
My channel is for anyone and everyone who loves and appreciates languages and the beauty that they contain, as well as the depths of the stories that they tell, when we use them for communication and survival.
- Soraya Lux - November 10, 2019 - $11.11 USD
- Alain Calore - October 26, 2019 - $15.95 USD
- Alain Calore - September 22, 2019 - $20.00 USD
- Kumukumumea - September 19, 2019 - $15 CAD
- VanTConsult LC - July 30, 2019 - $60.00 CAD *
- Lengua Lounge - July 29, 2019 - $31.82 CAD
- Renata Smith - July 14, 2019 - $6.30 CAD
- Lengua Lounge - July 1, 2019 - $63.16 CAD *
- Renata Smith - May 14, 2019 - $5.00 CAD
- Oro Anike - April 25, 2019 - $10.00 CAD
- Angela Onikepe - February 23, 2019 - $10.00 USD
- Adelaja Simon - February 8, 2019 - $50.00 CAD *
- Lengua Lounge - February 6, 2019 - $63.53 CAD *
- Lengua Lounge - January 25, 2019 - $50 USD *
- Think Positive - January 6, 2019 - $50 USD*
- Jonathan Frame - November 15, 2018 - $10 USD
- Joanna Collins -Hopkins - July 21, 2018 - $10 CAD
- Reg Pollock - July 24, 2018 - $2 CAD
- Idris Anibaba - August 5, 2018- $5 USD
- Karen Stelling - November 4, 2017 - Books (1st)
Join the list of recognized supporters/sponsors:
I write poetry, prose, drama, and essays, that are often expository, descriptive, and argumentative.
April 15, 2019
Do you know what it means,
do you know how it feels,
to be one of the living
at a time when you are dead?
To not be of that world,
the one you left behind,
or be fully in that one,
the one that is ahead.
You are able to move
but you can barely walk.
You are able to say words
but you can barely talk.
You are very sensitive
but you can barely sense.
You remember how to remember
but you can barely think.
You are able to hear
but you very barely know.
It’s hard for you to understand,
and so painfully so.
You are able to look
but you can barely see.
You’re hanging in midair;
you don’t have any wings.
To not be able to rewind
and start all over again,
or be able to move on,
and fly far far away.
Do you know what it means
when everything means nothing?
Do you know how it feels
when you cannot feel?